Autism NT is committed to providing high quality services to those in need, but sometimes we might get it wrong. You can let us know if we have made a mistake by providing constructive feedback.
Autism NT takes all complaints very seriously and welcomes them as an opportunity to improve the services we provide.
What can I give feedback or make a complaint about?
You have a right to complain to Autism NT or an external agency regarding any incident or issue that occurs during the delivery of our services, or in connection with our services.
We are committed to upholding your rights as a service user, including the right to:
- Be free from any reprisal following a complaint, such as any change to, or cancellation of, services.
- Be supported to report your complaint to an external body if you are not satisfied with the way we respond to a complaint.
- Be involved in decisions related to resolving a complaint.
- Have your privacy and confidentiality protected.
- Remain anonymous if you choose.
How to give feedback or make a complaint
You can submit a complaint by:
- Calling Autism NT office: 8948 4424 or Executive Officer: 0439 801 230
- Complete online form below
- Written complaints may be sent to: Autism NT, PO Box 94, Nightcliff, NT, 0814
- Email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting Feedback Form available to download below
Make a complaint to an external agency
- Community Visitor Program (NT) Freecall 1800 021 919
- NDIS Commission on 1800 035 544 (free call from landlines) or TTY 133 677.
- Darwin Community Legal Service (Top End) on 1800 812 953
- Disability Advocacy Service (Central Australia) on (08) 8953 1422.
Our complaints procedure
- Executive Officer will discuss with you (and your family/carer/advocate) all the details of the complaint, including the outcomes you would like to see.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of the complaint which will include the expected time frame for your complaint to be resolved.
- If appropriate, we will conduct an investigation into the circumstances surrounding your complaint.
- You will receive information on the outcomes of your complaint and be given the chance to ask for a review or refer the complaint to the Darwin Community Legal Service (Top End) on 1800 812 953, or the Disability Advocacy Service (Central Australia) on (08) 8953 1422.
- We will use your complaint to review our systems, policies and procedures to improve our services.
For all complaints made to us we will:
- Treat all complainants with dignity and respect.
- Attempt to resolve the issue to the best outcome for all parties, within 14 days.
- Keep you informed of developments regarding your complaint.
- Maintain records regarding your complaint.
- Provide support to access translation, advocacy, or other support services where appropriate.
- Report any breaches of legislation to the relevant authority.
Some complaints can be resolved on the spot; however, others may require an investigation which can take time.
Autism NT will endeavour to resolve complaints as soon as we can, and keep you informed of the process.