Job Type: Full time
Duration: 1-year contract with extension options
Classification Rate: Social and Community Services Level 5, $79,000pa
Location: Darwin, Palmerston
Supervisor: Executive Officer, Autism NT
Reporting to the Executive Officer, the position will be responsible for supporting NDIS customers to implement and achieve individual goals identified in their NDIS plans. The support focuses on addressing barriers and reducing complexity and aims to help people develop their skills and their ability to use their own resources and those of the community to resolve problems building their capacity and resilience. The position will work closely with the other roles across the organisation and will liaise with key external stakeholders.
- Meet and engage with clients to develop and refine their goals and provide ongoing support coordination for clients to achieve their goals while strengthening their capacity to self-direct, coordinate and manage supports within the framework of their NDIS plan
- Maintain current understanding of the NDIS legislation, NDIS Price Guide, flexibility within budgets and rules including provisions relating to “reasonable and necessary” supports
- Engage with the NDIA, Local Area Coordinators, client families, informal supports and service providers, to market ANT as a provider, develop and maintain community networks and keep up-to-date with local service providers and other relevant external organisations
- Assess mainstream, community, informal and provider options, then negotiate and engage services to be provided, developing service agreements and creating service bookings with providers
- Assist clients to prepare for assessments, and plan reviews, working within the funding associated with each client and ensuring billable hours are recorded and monitored in a timely and accurate manner
- Document and maintain individual client records on client database, and report as required, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance with Human Service Quality standards and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Prepare reports for the ANT Board and undertake other duties as appropriate and required by the Executive Officer.
Key Performance Indicators
- Service agreements and support coordination are developed, and clients demonstrably strengthen their capacity to self-direct, coordinate and manage supports
- Communication with all internal and external stakeholders is professional, collaborative, responsive, tailored appropriately to its audience, documented appropriately and reported to the Manager Community Services as relevant
- Accurate maintenance of billable hours, client documentation CRM records in a timely manner in accordance with ANT policies & procedures and Human Service Quality Standards
- Establishment of quality relationships with clients, formal and informal supports and service providers, including encouraging and responding to client feedback in a professional manner
- Effective collaboration with internal stakeholders with participation in regular team meetings and at relevant professional development training
- Compliance with Autism Northern Territory Quality Assurance including Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Qualification/s in Community Services, Disability, Welfare, Youth and/or a related field (Cert IV and above).
- Knowledge and understanding of NDIS support coordination, policies, procedures, regulations and rules, support services and organisations in the Darwin and NT regions
- Demonstrated effectiveness in an administrative role with proven organisational and time management skills, strong attention to detail and effective implementation of efficient workflow, system and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Proven ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing, including demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective and professional client, internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality, establishing & maintaining professional boundaries
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of databases, mobile devices and Microsoft Office suite
- Proven experience in working with people with ASD, disability and challenging behaviours
Special Conditions & Requirements
Applicants must currently have the legal right to work in Australia.
Applicants will be required to hold a:
- Current ‘C’ class NT Driver’s Licence
- Current NT Working with Children Clearance notice (Ochre Card).
- Current Senior First aid certificate
Applications must be limited to a Resume and an attached Cover Letter addressing how you meet the ‘Experience, Qualifications and Skills’ (Selection Criteria) listed in the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks including professional referees, completion of a satisfactory police records check and working with children check.